Thursday, August 2, 2012

Update about Haiti

Hello there everyone.  I am just wanting to update everyone about my soon move to Haiti.  It is officially 11 days away from my departure and I am soo excited but soo freaking out at the same time.  Reality actually kicked in last night when I was over at my parents house and my 3 year old niece (4 in 8 days) was getting ready to go to bed.  I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her I love her.  My mom pointed out that my neice was actually getting ready to leave this weekend to go down to Texas with her mother and wouldnt be heading back to Illinois until the 13th, which means that was the last night I would see my niece until I returned for christmas!!!  It brought tears to my eyes just knowing that, but then I had to remind myself there is always skype (thank goodness for technology!!!) so yes this is the last time I will see my niece in person for the next 4 months but atleast I will see her over a computer!

Its hard realizing that I am atually moving, I am actually going to another country and my main source of contact with my family and friends will be through a computer!  I dont know if I have ever gone a week (besides the 2 week missions trip I took in May) that I haven't had my phone basically attached to my hand.  This is going to be a completely new experience in several different aspects of my life.  The one thing I do know though is that God will be doing amazing things in my life while I am away overseas though!  He will be working so much in my life I just cant even fathom.   

So far my car hasn't sold and well thats my main thing that is scaring me.  I thankfully have a few people looking at it so I am praying that it sells within the next 10 days!  Its weird to think about it but for some reason I am like hmm i wonder if I am going to miss driving while I am over there.. When I want to run to the store and pick up some food I dont go outside jump in my car and at the market in a few minutes...... instead I will flag down a taxi (scooter in haiti), ride down to the market and then carry my goods back with me on the scooter as well.  I guess that means not a large amount of groceries at one time! :P  I am positive that everything will work out with the car that needs to work out... I just have to remember to keep positive about it and trust in God on this one!

For my belongings! :P  It was pretty crazy last tuesday I found out I was going and by saturday I had to have my items at Evansville, IN. to get them on the first ship to Haiti.  Yes I said SHIP! :P  They had to crate all of the items and then haul them down to Maimi and put them on a cargo ship and take them over to Haiti.  It sounds like by this friday or this upcoming week our items should be arriving at their destination!  Fingers crossed on that I really am hoping that my items are already at Sonlight before I get there so I am not wondering if the items got lost or whatever.  Its still so crazy to think about hwo my items have to be shipped over there.. I have moved so many times in my past (well since 2006) :P due to college but I just loaded down a uhaul and took it to the next location, so imagining it all being on a ship going through the atlantic ocean is crazy to think about!

To see a video about how the shipping process really works check this out!!!
http://youtu.be/O40swsYItJ8

Its actually pretty awesome and I cant believe how big the ship is!

Well everyone.. I am goign to get off of here for now but I will continue to post later! :) 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment