Thursday, January 12, 2012

Inspiration from HGTV

Alright so my mind is on the thoughts of what does HGTV has on their website right now that is just sticking out to me that I truly love and say "I WANT THAT IN MY HOUSE!"

Well these are few shots that I have taken off of HGTV and I will let you know what I truly just love about them.  I plan to start this every Friday posting a picture of my likes from various pictures of interior design that I have found, but for now we will start here!

Dining Room

Okay I don't know about all of you, but how many of you have at your house those wooden uncomfortable dining chairs?!?!  I know I do and I saw this picture of these dining chairs and said I just have to have those.....  I am not saying this color, but def. chairs that are this style or that at least are more fabric then they are wood!  These chairs here they don't have arm rests, but they have just enough area that comes down on your side to make you feel all snuggled into the chair and comfy!


Living Room

When it comes to my living room all I can picture is this very cozy area that has a huge sofa that I dream of cuddling up on and watching a great movie with my husband (when I find prince charming :P.)  I started picturing this little country room that just made you "feel like home", but then I cam across this picture and even though it doesn't have a carpeted floor or this bright colors everywhere it is just so amazing to me.  I love the over sized couch that just looks very comfortable, a vibrant colored rug with just enough color in the flowers on the coffee table.  The kitchen also looks amazing in the background with the candle chandelier above the dining table.  I personally would add a Little more splashes of color throughout this space (maybe an accent wall or a stencil print with some color on the wall of the stairs.)

beautiful contemporary urban loft
Something like this but maybe with a little more color!
Off to the Bedroom.....
Well of course the bedroom has to be "home away from home".  The moment you walk in there its like a retreat to get away to.  So we def. need cozy, relaxing, a place that you just completely forget where you are.  So lets see what we can find!
The lighting...  How did you do that?, Some people have asked "How did you get the lighting under the bed?"  The lighting is both inexpensive and easy to install.  I secured rope lighting inside the bed frame using plastic clips that have an adhesive backing. ...costs about $10 and can be found at most hardware stores.  The rope lighting is plugged into an outlet that is connected to a dimmer light switch and can adjusted by a remote control devise.Thanks for all your wonderful comments and encouraging 5-star ratings!, I certainly can't say I'm much of a decorator or color expert.  This is my first time at doing something like this.   So I was so amazed to find that I had more than 50000 hits and was rated among the top three photos the other day!  WoW!Thank you for all your support your wonderful comments and your 5-star ratings!, Bedrooms Design
This picture here is like a room that is complete zen!  I love the green accent wall, but of course most of all the mood lighting above the bed and the lighting underneath the bed!
Designed on a dime..sort of!, An afternoon of 'looking' at a furniture store made for a whirlwind of remodeling in my home. I feel like I sleep at my favorite hotel every night! Wall color is called Twig Basket by Behr Paints (found at Home Depot). Depending on the natural light that shines through it looks greenish-brown. Very Earthy. The furniture is wood but painted black instead of stained (and shows every bit of dust if you do not dust it EVERYDAY!! haha), Bedrooms Design
This room here has the nice side lighting and the tall posts.  I think I have realized its all about the lighting when it comes to the bedroom!!!
Into the Bathroom
A lot of people think of white (sterile) when it comes to the bathroom but I want a little pop of color, even if it is a suttle color!  I really like walk in showers instead of the shower/bath combo, but of course that will be needed in the children's bathroom for tub time.  So we are focusing on the master bathroom on this one.  I have seen several different bathrooms and I absolutely love the walk in showers that a large scale.  I also love the floating style or furniture style vanities and the sinks that stand above the counter top!
LESS IS MORE APPROACH, Unlike the old-world basement bath in our previous house (see "Roman" bath if interested) the basement in our new house got a simple powder room. No "party" shower no sauna ... just a clean almost minimalist look. When is less more? As always thanks for visiting! CEILING PAINT is different from the wall paint. Ceiling paint is a light silver metallic paint by Ralph Lauren (Home Depot), while walls are painted with Ben Moore Smokestack Gray. Ceiling took 5 coats but was well worth it.  , Some of you asked for the paint color - so I ran downstairs and dug up a leftover can of paint Benjamin Moore #2131-40 Smokestack Gray.  Phew. So thrilled with response to this color. If thinking about using it suggestions: it's very DARK almost charcoal w/ blue'n'teal undertones.  Use bright white baseboard and crown moulding (or ceiling) and EXTRA lighting to highlight the wall color. Good luck! , Bathrooms Design
I'm posting this because I love the color of the walls with that little pop behind the vanity area!
This picture of this shower I had to post just because it is absolutely amazing and I would love to take a shower in there!  Feel like I'm outside in the nature under an amazing waterfall!
Final room to take a look into for now is the kitchen!
When I think of my kitchen I think green, modern, very contrasting colors and cabinetry with multi functions.  Since I am a kitchen and bath designer I am all about function when it comes to the kitchen.  Fillers that have pullouts in them to use for canned good and def. cabinetry that has adjustable shelves is a must (you never know what size that pan you buy is and if it will fit into your cabinets.)  I am extremely into the chocolate cabinetry with the glass/metal look and you cant beat a vibrant white counter top
This kitchen here it has the dark cabinetry with the glass ones thrown in there.  The island is a white tone that just looks so clean!  There is also an amazing back splash and the seating area is made out of a wood that looks so vintage and green.  I really enjoy this kitchen, but I think I would incorporate a different flooring into it and maybe some other lighting..
There is a lot more that I have found on HGTV, but these are just a few ideas from each room that stuck out to me.  I plan to start posting some DIY stuff soon though!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the dining room chairs! Love that comfy style! I personally hate the dining room chairs I have. I bought them from my parents at a low low price, that's the only reason I have them. :) -Rachie

    ReplyDelete