Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holidays

I realized I haven't posted a blog in a while and figured that I would update people on a few things that I have been doing.  These last few weeks have been crazy with the holidays.  A lot of traveling and visiting friends that haven't seen in a long time.

Christmas Eve I spent a lot of the day with my family at my parents house and let me tell you what it was actually a very pleasant experience!  There was a lot of "family love" that I felt there and not much drama thankfully.  I then took a drive up to Chicago, where I lived during college and spent some time with friends up there.  Christmas day was a very pleasant experience.  I was at my friends families house and I absolutely enjoyed it!  Everyone enjoyed the gifts that I gave them which put a giant smile on my face.  It wasn't the fact that I bought people "things" because it wasn't about money (which I am a DIY person so a lot of items I created myself), but it was because the thankfulness from them.  Some people I have came to realize in past holidays (def. talking about myself on this one as a child) but we weren't thankful for the things we received like we should of been.  Parents take their time and money to buy you "things" that they feel like you would like to have and wrap it up and everything and sometimes as children we just open the gift and act like "well that isn't what I was wanting."  Where did our thankfulness go to sometimes?!?  Well back to happy things :) I had a glorious time there for Christmas and I pray that next Christmas is even better.  I am starting to realize the actual meaning of Christ-mas now that I have given my life over to God.  Its not about the "things" that we receive that will one day eventually be destroyed or forgotten about, but its about the time we spend together, the giving and glorifying God above all else!

The New Years..... Well I brought that in by being in bed by 10:30pm having the stomach flu.  Let me tell you it wasn't very fun!  I was also in Chicago for the New Years and all I can say is wow on how people "bring" in the new year.  I was laying in the bed and all I could hear at midnight was several gun shots.  I guess that's the thing now-a-days to replace fireworks! It was kinda scary just laying there hearing that, but knowing honestly that I was inside instead of out there on the streets with everyone else who was celebrating made a comforting reassurance in my heart and mind.  It's crazy when you realize the older you get the more you would rather just stay in with a loved one and bring in the New year with a dinner, movie and midnight kiss instead of being out there at house parties or doing very irresponsible things.

Well the holidays are over now and I was listening to WBGL radio and they was talking about how we need a holiday between Christmas and Summer.  I was thinking about that when they said that I was like well we do have Valentines Day, but there is people out there that don't have that relationship in their lives and it depresses them instead.  They were discussing that we need this other holiday for people have basically have something to look forward to and because it seems when it comes to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years a lot of people make those a big event and in the middle of the spring time there isn't anything going on so we need another big holiday to pep everybody back up.  Thinking about it thought I don't need that extra holiday in there just because I love the spring so much!!! The new life growing outside, the birds starting to chirp, the sun shining its just a glorious thing!  I guess some people just need a different look on things sometimes and what exactly God has made and put on this earth.

Well I have to run for now, but I will post another blog about a few things that have been touching my heart lately when it comes to this world, God and the things that I love.  Also expect a new years resolution list on my next blog too! :)  I hope you all have a glorious day!!  Even though it is snowy outside, the sun just started shining so take a moment to look outside and instead of complain about the weather look how beautiful God has made it and see the glory of the sun shining on the white snow! 

Verse for thought..... "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.  Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment